This button up was a hand-me-down from my older sister when I was in middle school, and it is now too tight to be comfortable, especially in the sleeves. I've been admiring people's sleeveless button ups and I thought this shirt would be perfect to make my own.
The sleeves were the tightest part on me, so I was glad to get rid of those!
-thrifted or old button up
-sewing machine or sewing needle
1. Cut off the sleeves. I left an inch or so from the seam, you can cut off the extra fabric later
2. Iron the the shirt, taking care to fold the cut sleeves back to the inside of the shirt along the sleeve seam.
3. Use a sewing machine or hand sew edges of sleeves
4. Iron and cut off any extra fabric
5. Wear it! You're done!
- I usually wear mine unbuttoned because the shirt pulls a little on me, but if you have a well-fitting shirt this always looks cute buttoned with a pair of high-waisted shorts :)